Convert DMG Files to ISO. Microsoft Windows, MS Office, and other Microsoft Products, along with Mac OS too provide ISO Support. You might have even heard of it. Well, if you are here, you really might know about ISO Setup Files of a Software. And ISO File is the Image file, which you can Burn into a Bootable DVD or Flash drive, and hence install a particular software, of which the ISO is. The first Microsoft Operating System, which provided this support was Windows 95. And, since then they have not looked back. But, it is not all about Windows alone. As I earlier said, Mac OS too supports these. Still, there is a problem, which you just might have to deal with. So, you should know How to Convert DMG Files to ISO.
Here, in this article, I will briefly demonstrate the same to you. I hope this helps.
- 1 Introduction to DMG Files:
- 2 How to Convert DMG Files to ISO?
- 2.0.1 1). Go to “http://vu1tur.eu.org/tools/” and download a copy of dmg2img by clicking on a win32 binary link.
- 2.0.2 2). After Saving the File, Right click on it, and Extract all
- 2.0.3 3). Now, you have to choose a Destination, where you want to Save the Files after Extraction. So, choose the same wisely.
- 2.0.4 4). Hold down the shift key and right-click on your ‘Downloads’ folder and select ‘Open command window here’ from the context menu.
- 2.0.5 5). Now, you have to convert the DMG File to ISO File, using a Small Code in the Command Window. The code is as follows:
- 2.0.6 6). Hit Enter to Convert your File successfully.
- 2.0.7 7). The last thing you should do is, Go to the Documents Folder (or wherever you have saved the File), and see if the ISO File is there.
Introduction to DMG Files:
The DMG Files format is getting popular these days. Every Mac OS X user knows about these files. Not that, it is not popular among Windows Users, but it finds its best use on a Mac OS. Although in the beginning, every user faces some problem, later once they are able to solve it, they are really good to go.
The major problem is that, whenever you fetch an ISO File from a website or any other source, you have to make certain modifications to convert it to ISO. Because what you will get will be a DMG Format File. For example, if you go to Save Mac OS X Yosemite ISO Setup Files, chances are that you will get a mac os x Yosemite dmg. And then to Burn it onto a DVD, you will have to Convert it to ISO. But, how do you do that? Read the steps below to Find out.
How to Convert DMG Files to ISO?
As I mentioned in the sections above, DMG Files are getting more and more popular every now and then. This is the most used File Format, for Mac OS Setup Files. That is why, it is important to know How to Convert these to ISO. For that, the steps are as below.
Step-by-Step Guide to Convert DMG Files to ISO Files in 5 Minutes:-
2). After Saving the File, Right click on it, and Extract all
3). Now, you have to choose a Destination, where you want to Save the Files after Extraction. So, choose the same wisely.
5). Now, you have to convert the DMG File to ISO File, using a Small Code in the Command Window. The code is as follows:
dmg2img <source file.dmg> <destination file.iso>
For example, if you are to convert the DMG File on your Desktop as Random.DMG and Save it in the Documents Folder, the command line will be as follows:
dmg2img “C:\Users\Taylor Gibb\Desktop\random.dmg” “C:\Users\Taylor Gibb\Documents\ConvertedRandom.iso”
6). Hit Enter to Convert your File successfully.
7). The last thing you should do is, Go to the Documents Folder (or wherever you have saved the File), and see if the ISO File is there.
And, that is it. There you go, this way you can Convert any of your DMG Files to ISO. So, you now know How to Convert DMG Files to ISO, right? Well, if you liked this article and found it helpful, then share it with your friends. Also, stay in touch with us, for more such content. Also, don’t forget to Read the Index, to make sure, you didn’t miss out on anything.
Index – Table of Contents:
Well, it might sound weird, but I don’t really want you to miss out on anything important here. For that reason, I am here creating an Index of this post. With the help of this Index, you can easily find out, what is important in this Article.
- INTRODUCTION TO DMG FILES
- HOW TO CONVERT DMG FILES TO ISO FILES (7 STEPS)
So, you see? This was it for now. I hope this was useful. Stay in touch with us, via our Social Media and Newsletter.